Thursday, October 7, 2010

Long time no see

Hi friends.

Long time no see. There have been some small changes over the weeks, most of which have been server fixes and speed optimizations thanks to Lucidrains -- there hasn't been much functionality changes. The daily workings of job and life have been keeping us busy this past month.

However, I wanted to say I am in the process of moving the front-end over to a different architecture so that new features can be rapidly deployed, and so that integration with other video services will take days instead of weeks. Synchtube started as a hobby project and I did not expect it to need to adapt to new features so quickly and now I am paying for lazy architecture I had initially planned.

I'm not going to bullshit with the cliche "expect new features soon!". Refactoring takes time. This refactoring period will be complete by the on or before the end of October. After this is complete new features will be able deployed RAPIDLY. Personally I can't wait till this period is over, but it will be worth it.

~mrchess

No comments:

Post a Comment